Learning some great body shape fashion tips
is a great resource for you when shopping. We love fashion and we know you do as well. With every season our inspiration for changes comes to us from the glossy pages of our favorite magazine. It is in itself a dictator without mercy, an enticer of many charms, and most of all a savvy promoter that encourage us in buying the latest trends.
As women we all hear this message loud and clear. We want to look and feel great, and more often than not we succumb to temptation without taking into consideration if the latest craze is really ‘us’! Sure, a picture may say a thousand words, but do any of them really speak to our body shape and style? Very little indeed! In these days when we need to be responsible for every dollar spent, being aware of our body shape is not an option anymore but money well spent!
_________________________________________________________________________Tips and your body shape
Want to look your best and spend your money wisely? Then the first question we should ask ourselves before revamping our wardrobe is: What is my body shape? Simple and to the point, knowing the answer to this question is a money saver and an investment in our sanity before buying needlessly!
- Remember always opt for clothing that looks great with jewelry and other accessories that will boost your confidence.
- When shopping look for clothing that will blend with your existing wardrobe, and most of all make you feel beautiful!
- Always try different styles of clothes you are interested in, even if you have never tried that style before. You may be surprised at what looks great on you.
Use these body shape tips as a guideline to always look your best and bring attention to your best features. Learn to celebrate your imperfections and your curves! Choosing the right fashion for your individual body type is not only fun and rewarding, it will also disguise your flaws and show off your best assets!
__________________________________________________________________________________Pear or Triangle:
Your body is narrow on top and gradually increases as you look down: heavier bottom and thighs.
Apple Shape or Inverted Triangle:
- Dress: Choose dress clothing that accentuates the upper area of the body as to draw attention away from the lower area.
- Skirts: Nothing that flares, but rather skirts that taper towards the angles, darker shades
- Trousers and jeans: They should be in dark colors with a style that widen towards the ankle.
- Jackets: Tops and jackets with lot of detailing.
- Jewelry: Chunky necklace & earrings sets bring attention to your face rather than your hips.
Your body is broader on top and gradually decreases at the bottom. Smaller bottom and thighs.
The Hour Glass:
- Dresses and tops: Look for an interesting neckline such as scoop or v neck. Material should not be clingy as to pull attention away from the stomach area. Empire tops do wonders for the extra weight around the tummy!
- Skirts: Pleated and well fitting. Accentuate the waist with a beautiful belt.
- Trousers and jeans: Should have less detailing and slightly loose, no heavy pockets.
- Jackets: They should cover the tummy which is perfect for this body type.
A small waist with the upper and lower body that are in great proportion.
- Skirts: Well fitted skirts such as pencil skirt with side slits or flowing. Draw attention to your small waist.
- Jeans or trousers: Low-waist with a slight flare at the bottom for balance. Same for high waisted pants as they will draw attention to your waist!
- Tops: Choose shirts that emphasizes the bust and hips to create a great looking shape. Choose lightweight fabrics to avoid the extra bulk.
Overall this is a narrow figure and the weight is evenly distributed. Clothing should increase the overall volume of the body shape.
- Skirts: Full, prints, floral and pleated to add weight.
- Jeans and trousers: Skinny jeans and fitting trousers.
- Top: Feminine tops with graphics or even the layered look is great.
- Jackets: ruffles and added pockets are perfect.
No defined curves, slender, and evenly proportioned top to bottom.
- Jeans and trousers: Wear jeans with a low-rise. Back pockets are ok!
- Skirts: You can wear flared skirts, pencil, A-lined. No vertical patterns!
- Tops and blouses: V-neck or scoop to create curves. Choose tops with details around the bust to add shape.
- Jackets: Choose a jacket that defines the waist and that flares out.
- Jeans and trousers: Low rise and flared to create the illusion of a curvier body.
- Dresses: Prints patters and tailored designs
These body shape fashion tips will help you in knowing your body type when shopping for a new piece of clothing for yourself. You will not only save you time and money, it will make you feel great, and enable you to look your best at all times!